View Single Post
Old October 23 2013, 05:43 PM   #42
sonak
Vice Admiral

Re: A question for people smarter then I.

Im N Ur Childhoodz wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
So... yeah. I'm being told "I'm completely wrong," because I got a small irrelevant detail of mostly wording wrong while being correct on the main ideas.
You could have just acknowledged the mistake or moved on and it wouldn't have been a problem. Instead, you decided to be kind of smug and shift the focus of the discussion to another issue no one was debating with you. Plus, you questioned her sources and where she got her information, and then when she gave you her credentials (in addition to a link) you criticized her for listing her background like she was bragging when you were the one who asked.

that's a fascinating interpretation of what happened. I just asked where she got her info, she essentially responded defensively(and irrelevantly) "back off man, I'm a teacher and I've got a COLLEGE DEGREE! And I READ A LOT!"

As someone with a degree myself and a good deal of post-baccalaureate education, that didn't exactly impress me. I mean, if someone asked me what my source for something was, I wouldn't respond "well, I've got a degree in X from a highly-regarded school, so back off, man."

And again, my overall point was still correct, I got a minor detail wrong. It didn't even matter to the overall thrust of my argument.