View Single Post
Old October 23 2013, 04:41 PM   #39
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

Re: They really should have found a way to get Shatner on one of the m

OpenMaw wrote: View Post
mymatty wrote: View Post
They wrote an ending for the 2009 film that included a cameo for William Shatner, but he didn't want to be in the movie if it wasn't for a major role. Here it is:

- snip -

http://trekmovie.com/2009/11/23/read...lliam-shatner/
That was beautiful. I feel somewhat cheated!
Wow. I doubt it would have quelled the uproar over the 2009 movie, but it addressed Kirk's rapid ascendancy to captain (Kirk Prime: Do I have to prove to the crew that I deserve their respect?), really put a cap on the theme of a new journey, and it evokes the amazing intro about birth and life -- It would have been neat to see baby Kirk at the beginning and then "Emeritus Years" Kirk (great line, by the way) at the end.

One pet peeve of mine was that we didn't see the ramifications of the Kobayashi Maru test and Kirk's commendation. That ending would have shown it.

Also, it's neat to note that that means Spock got his ambassadorship after TUC, but I suppose that makes sense for it to be part of the aftermath of that movie, but before Generations.