View Single Post
Old October 23 2013, 04:11 PM   #74
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Peter David comic book story

Therin of Andor wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
When there are ongoing contractual or legal negotiations, it's often not permitted to discuss them publicly until after they're resolved. There is a lot of confidentiality in business.
Which is what I was trying to say before. If Allyn now has insider information that's different. I was attempting to present the situation as I understood it, as a fan.
I don't have any insider information. The difference between now and 1989 is that, to that time, there hadn't been many media companies that had gone through bankruptcy and creators found themselves legally enjoined from their creations because of bankruptcy law. Now that it's more commonplace, especially in the comics industry, the circumstances of bankruptcy and what it means for creations caught in bankruptcy is better known.

I agree, Ian, that as a fan, at the time, your take was not unreasonable. In the fuller accounting of time, however, we know better.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is online now   Reply With Quote