View Single Post
Old October 22 2013, 09:09 PM   #7
LMFAOschwarz
Captain

Re: Alien points of view

ZapBrannigan wrote: View Post
I like the scene in "Elaan of Troyius" where Elaan blithely says, "I have eliminated that problem."

Kirk says, "You've eliminated the teacher. The problem still remains."

She was a great character.
Funny you should mention her: I just watched that episode last night before bed. I always loved her line, "I have given your crew permission not to kneel in our presence, what else do you want?" I cannot picture any other actress bringing that character to life like she did.

Tiberius wrote: View Post
In "Day of the Dove" when Kang's wife is telling him that the life support readouts are getting steady, Kang says, "Cause them to be unsteady." Just the phrasing of that makes me feel like it's a direct literal translation from Klingon or something rather than just finding an equivalent sentence in English, like "Make them unsteady."
Good one! I've heard it a million times, but I never though of that line like that!

Forbin wrote: View Post
^The Medusan meld! I just watched that last weekend. Collos/Spock's little speech about the loneliness of being confined to a physical body, how alone we all are even amongst other people, and how none of us have truly mastered simple communication. Beautiful.
That is a wonderfully written and played scene!
LMFAOschwarz is offline   Reply With Quote