View Single Post
Old October 22 2013, 02:59 AM   #257
Agent Richard07
Retired

Re: The Legend of Korra - Book Two: Spirits

I saw episode 2x06 again. I didn't like it the first time around but like the other episodes, it comes off a lot better in a rewatch once you've seen "Beginnings". I appreciate Unalaq's visit to the spirit world most of all, but I also enjoyed Bolin's movie where he plays a Korra knockoff and Varrick's talk of propaganda films. They're a sign of the changing times.

I still think Book 2 is a weak entry but I'm taking things a little better now.

LaxScrutiny wrote: View Post
Christopher wrote: View Post
Scaredface wrote: View Post
Seeing a younger Wan made me think that Joseph Gordon-Levitt would make a good live-action version of the character.
Except that he's 32 and not really suitable to play "younger" anymore. Plus he's white....
Like Heimdall.

Oh please.
He does have an Asiatic look and would probably fit well in a project with an eastern esthetic that was slightly westernized, something that Avatar already does anyway. As for the age thing, I think he still looks youthful enough look to play a part similar to what we saw in "Beginnings".

Christopher wrote: View Post
Mr Light wrote: View Post
I hope we get a dark avatar, but it should be a young person, not Unaloq.
Eska?
Her character seems underdeveloped for the task but I can see it as more of a possibility now.

And here's something interesting... Vaatu is pretty much Raava with the color pallet inverted. Click here.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote