View Single Post
Old October 21 2013, 11:20 PM   #134
davejames
Vice Admiral

Re: MYTHBUSTERS 10th Anniversary Season

This episode actually turned out to be a lot more interesting than I expected. It was cool seeing just how quickly someone would be overcome if a zombie hoard was approaching from all directions (unlike in the movies or Walking Dead where they conveniently take their turns coming towards you).

And yeah in a real situation Adam would have had to exert a lot more force with his axe to kill someone, but I'm not sure a gun would be much better, since they'd eventually run out of ammunition-- or jam up completely, which you hear about fairly often in news stories about shootings (and would be even more likely in the zombie apocalypse when people wouldn't have as much time to clean or care for their guns).

If it was me, I'd probably just take my chances with an aluminum bat.

And I especially loved the bit with the barn door. I knew there would be a lot of force produced from all those people, but I didn't expect the door to come crashing down as quickly as it did those first few times. Using the barrels to prevent people from being crushed was pretty inspired as well.
davejames is online now   Reply With Quote