View Single Post
Old October 21 2013, 03:06 PM   #959
Sindatur
Vice Admiral

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Mr Awe wrote: View Post
Candlelight wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Well they did already release 2 stories (Enemy and Web), I can see the possibility they might not want to blow the whole wad at once, especially if there was a scene in AAiSaT as you describe.
I want to believe this is true but I don't know why they released two stories and not three; unless Marco really did need more restoration and they decided not to put all their eggs in one basket.
No telling, but why did they keep the find a secret all through the recovery and restoration process right up until they released it? They were virtually lying about it. The whole thing was odd.

That doesn't mean Marco Polo was found, but keeping it a secret wouldn't be unusual for the BBC!

Mr Awe
Same reason as the lack of Trailer that people wanted to start seeing months out. They wanted it to be an Anniversary Gift. Once you start feeding the PR Hype, you have to keep feeding it, to keep up the momentum, you start too early, and you have to let more and more out in order to keep buzz going, and by the time the Anniversary rolls around, everything is known, it's old hat, and no longer special

I'm not taking a side on if Marco Polo is still waiting to be revealed, I'm just saying it's not unreasonable that they might want to hold something back, and they probably didn't want to reveal what they did reveal so soon, the luster is already worn off Enemy of The World and Web of Fear, if they had announced them a week or two before the Anniversary, it would've made it all the more special.

Where are we going? And why are we in this Handbasket?
Sindatur is offline   Reply With Quote