Old October 21 2013, 10:17 AM   #952
Lonemagpie
Writer

Re: Wiped Episode Discoveries

Candlelight wrote: View Post
Sindatur wrote: View Post
Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post

The latest speculation I've seen on "Marco" is this--

Gatiss has said that there's a restaging of a scene from "Marco" in An Adventure in Space and Time. Because of that, they're holding "Marco" back so that AAiSaT is special.

I don't know. That seems like a bit of stretch to me. I don't see the BBC holding back something like "Marco" which is worth money just because of a one-off television film that they haven't even marketed.
Well they did already release 2 stories (Enemy and Web), I can see the possibility they might not want to blow the whole wad at once, especially if there was a scene in AAiSaT as you describe.
I want to believe this is true but I don't know why they released two stories and not three; unless Marco really did need more restoration and they decided not to put all their eggs in one basket.
TBH, there's much umming and ahing about the BBC Four rerun of An Unearthly Child "as it's never been seen before" so I kinda wonder if they're just intending to show a recovered Marco Polo in place of it or as well as it, which would make some sense of it's recovery being held back to be announced on November 23rd.

If it's true, of course.

Blog- http://lonemagpie.livejournal.com
Lonemagpie is offline   Reply With Quote