View Single Post
Old October 20 2013, 11:31 PM   #4900
MakeshiftPython
Captain

Re: STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS - Grading & Discussion [SPOILERS]

BillJ wrote: View Post
MakeshiftPython wrote: View Post
Other than the scene where Uhura was teasing Spock in "The Man Trap", what else was it that made it "obvious" that there was a Spock/Uhura thing going on? It sounds more like a case of fans reading too much into something to validate the pairing in the 2009 film.
Charlie X
That's it? Now I'm convinced fans are seeing things that aren't there, unless you have info on the writers actually acknowledging that they meant for a Spock/Uhura in TOS. With that, I would concede.

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
I take it you guys are unfamiliar with RedLetterMedia.
Everyone who's spent much time in this forum knows about RedLetterMedia. I'm not a fan of the Plinkett shtick, personally, but I will grant that his review of the 2009 movie was actually pretty insightful.

I was more or less addressing the idea of Spock getting a girlfriend just to make it clear to viewers that there is not gonna be some Kirk/Spock bi-curiosity going around.
I'm not convinced, however, that anyone needed to be disabused of the notion that "Kirk/Spock bi-curiosity" was likely to be turning up in these movies. Everyone who'd have been interested already knows there's fanfic for that.
Neither am I, it was just a throwaway reference to an amusing theory by RLM that others jump at me thinking I meant harm.
MakeshiftPython is offline   Reply With Quote