Around 1974 or 75 after I had finished reading David Gerrolds "behind the scenes" book "The Making of 'The Trouble With Tribbles'", I wanted to make a plush tribble following the directions listed within the volume. It described a rather different pattern, basically a squat number "8", two ovoids attached by a quarter of their circumferences. My dad bought the "fur", but what he got was more akin to a synthetic lamb's wool, not long straighter fibers. Thinking back, I can see why the craftsman suggested the two piece pattern he did; it's better suited for creating a semi-spheroid shape. The pattern I used, if not cut just right, tended to create more sausage type shapes. So two of the three "tribbles" I made wound up looking like woolly dildos!