View Single Post
Old October 17 2013, 01:14 AM   #18
Paul Weaver
Fleet Captain

Re: How have the newer novels affected the reading order?

I tried Avatar back in about 2002 but didn't really get into it, and hadn't really read any books apart from Harry Potter since then. Earlier this year I read the "A time to..." series, which took a long time, getting second hand books from amazon. The main reason was I wanted to know how Wesley had come back in Nemesis (and according to a deleted scene become an engineer)

After the disappointment of May 9th (ironic as it was our wedding anniversary), I realised the only way to get my trek fix would be to read the books.

So I moved onto Death in Winter, then Taking Wing, based on a few posts in this forum

Then Articles of the Federation, after a few chapters it mentioned something about the cliffhanger at the end of Taking wing.

I'd already bought Resistance, but it was at home, and I was 10,000 miles away stuck in Austrailia with a weekend and an ipad on my hands. I bought Tales of the Dominion war on the kindle app, then Red King, then decided to go back to the start, and then thanks to this forum, discovered

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/p/t...ing-order.html

Battle of Betazed, A stitch in time, left hand of destiny, Avatar followed. I was keen to jump to Unity, but reading the timeline at the front I decided to back track to Mission Gamma #1, then realised I should read, cold fusion (the SCE e-book), gateways #4 and abyss, now 57% through on mission gamma #1.

So that's about a dozen books in the last 3 months. Being trapped alone in foreign countries a lot does have it's benefits.
Paul Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote