View Single Post
Old October 17 2013, 12:26 AM   #379
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

mtblillie wrote: View Post
Johnny Rico, your pics are great! The refit E doesn't look nearly as bad as a lot of people made it out to be.
It ain't too bad, but they definitely missed an opportunity. No Aztec paint job, and the lack of some greenish-grey paint on the deflector dish cone and along the dorsal side of the engineering hull just below the neck, and a vertical stripe of that same color up the neck just to the front of the few windows on it. I also noticed that the Federation "decal" on the side isn't positioned correctly. The little "Starfleet emblem" is too far back. It should start on that last ring of the cone, and on this model, it's completely off of the cone.

But the problem is that this model is so relatively small that these paint job issues would be extremely difficult to do. I don't know the method of which these were painted. I don't know if the prototype was hand-painted, and then copied by machine for mass production, or if every model is hand painted.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote