View Single Post
Old October 16 2013, 06:25 PM   #368
Johnny Rico
Rear Admiral

View Johnny Rico's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Received my ships, magazines and 16-issue folder in the mail today in rural Southern Illinois. A few notes: Bases are quite sturdy with some heft to them. Very good quality base. Floating mounting stand is practically invisible from a distance. Models themselves are heavier than I thought they'd be based on the size. Even as small as the Enterprise-Refit is, the die-cast saucer has got some good weight to it. Despite the rather simplistic paint job on the Refit, it's still a pretty good looking model. I do think it needs a few darker or blacken highlights. Wasn't the rear of the nacelles darker grey or black? One odd thing I noticed about the D is that the top few decks (A & B Decks) are flatter on the model than I thought they'd be. I will be posting pictures on my Facebook page in the Star Trek Starships Collection folder. I'll add a link to it in my Sig when I get the chance later today.

Last edited by Johnny Rico; October 16 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Johnny Rico is offline   Reply With Quote