View Single Post
Old October 15 2013, 06:53 PM   #938
Robert Maxwell
Original Recipe

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: Breaking Bad Final Half Season

JirinPanthosa wrote: View Post
I think the fact that a vast majority of its fans thought the ending was awesome easily trumps a few dissenting celebrity voices making glorified forum comments in front of a megaphone.
Only if it's a popularity contest, which it isn't.

I would also say one of the signs of a truly good show is when the last season had significantly higher ratings than the first season. Breaking Bad's fourth season ended with 1.9 million viewers, which was considered a big success. The last run was consistently over five million and the finale broke ten million. That kind of late series boost is unheard of in television and only happens when a show has insanely good word of mouth.
Let's not correlate quality with the size of the audience, otherwise the Transformers films represent high-quality cinema.

I think BB was a great show with a good ending, and that ending could have been better if they'd had the strength of conviction to play it honestly.