View Single Post
Old October 15 2013, 03:26 PM   #256
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: 50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
Emperor-Tiberius wrote: View Post
Believe me, fans will be pissed even in this situation, if the Hurt Doctor turns out to be the Doctor who ended the Daleks and the Time Lords (temptedly, even this one), becaause it would make the Doctor not REALLY responsible for that horrible act, since his "bad self" did it. Plus, it would take away from the Ninth Doctor.
No offense, but fan assumptions about the Time War -- and that's all that the belief that the eighth Doctor ended the Time War is, since even RTD didn't hold that belief -- shouldn't stand in the way of the story Moffat wants to tell.
No offense taken. I personally never thought the Eighth ended it, though I did think he participated in it. I did think, though, that the Ninth ended it, in a decision that haunted the rest of his life.

We remember, of course, that according to RTD, the Time War was partially shown on Old Who, too. Genesis and Remembrance of the Daleks are positioned as such tales, after all.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote