View Single Post
Old October 15 2013, 12:49 AM   #786
Scout101
Admiral

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Danny99 wrote: View Post
Timby wrote: View Post
If we get a Red Sox / Cardinals World Series, I'm canceling baseball.
Same here. Bland same old same old.
Just again, because it's come up a couple times now. How does Red Sox in the world series end up being 'same old same old' by any metric? As much as I wish it was different, they've won it twice in the last 105 years. Also lost 4 in that timeframe, so 6 appearances in 105 years, still not a regular thing. To be fair, 3 of those 6 appearances were against the Cards, and Cards went 2-1 in those appearances.

Yanks wrote: View Post
The Pats can thank the Saints clock management for their victory. God, no one can manage the frellin clock anymore.
In a league that really IS that incompetent, that's been the Pats' key to success over the past decade. For the most part, you don't have to be fantastic all the time. Most of the time, if you just do the smart thing and play without any real mistakes, the other team WILL shoot themselves in the foot eventually. Wasting/bad time outs, interceptions, fumble, throw instead of run, score too fast, etc. NFL really is that bad, just staying out of the way while they fail is usually enough.
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33