View Single Post
Old October 14 2013, 08:20 PM   #785
Yanks
Fleet Captain

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
Use of Time wrote: View Post
I love the way playoff baseball is managed. When is the last time you saw a guy get pulled after six with a no hitter in progress?
Didn't CC Sabathia get pulled after 8 no-hit innings a year or so ago? It wasn't even in the playoffs.
I believe so.

Scout101 wrote: View Post
Well, not too shabby a day to be a Boston fan! Brady gets a last-second TD for the win in the Pats game, and then after getting held down AGAIN by Detroit pitching all day, Ortiz does, well, what Ortiz does, and tied it in the 8th with a grand slam, and the Sox follow it up with a walkoff hit in the 9th. Great come from behind win, something this team has been doing all year, just refuses to admit they lose...
Gotta give it to Papi. He crushed that ball.

The Pats can thank the Saints clock management for their victory. God, no one can manage the frellin clock anymore.

Kirby wrote: View Post
Any momentum that Detriot had has now been killed by Ortiz' grand slam. As much as it pains me to say it, that win merely reinforced what a force the Red Sox truly are, and they will take this series, and the next. Regardless, this weekend has been some of the most exciting baseball I've seen in a very long time.
Things aren't looking too bad when Verlander is your next pitcher.

I can't think of one reason why Lealand pulled his starter. He had the Sox trying to hit water balloons.

Timby wrote: View Post
If we get a Red Sox / Cardinals World Series, I'm canceling baseball.
Too much red!!!