View Single Post
Old October 13 2013, 06:21 PM   #134
SeerSGB
Admiral

Re: Should the Borg be the villain in Trek 3?

Use of Time wrote: View Post
I think it has gotten to the point that the Borg are almost as much of a household name to non Star Trek fans as Klingons are. I've heard the term "resistance is futile" from several people who have never seen Star Trek. I have a feeling people would love the Borg on the big screen again.
You'd have to horror-show them up a bit more. Really amp up the undead/zombie aspect of them. It'd have to go further than space-vampires form FC and VOY and go for the scare.

Tiberius wrote: View Post
Balrog wrote: View Post
Will Nick Meyer ever catch a break from Trek fans? WTF...
I think they are joking. The steaming pile of targ manure I was referring to is STiD. I think TWoK is an excellent movie.
Where as there as those--like me--that think, TWOK is an over hyped--at best--average film that makes the TOS crew look like out of touch idiots.

BillJ wrote: View Post
Tiberius wrote: View Post
Balrog wrote: View Post
Will Nick Meyer ever catch a break from Trek fans? WTF...
I think they are joking. The steaming pile of targ manure I was referring to is STiD. I think TWoK is an excellent movie.
We all know.

I was more just acknowledging the comment as another drive-by insult on Star Trek Into Darkness.
Not to mention: The same crap was being said (the now beloved) TWOK. And I'd wager, by some of the same people that now herald as the pinnacle of Trek film.