Old October 12 2013, 01:35 AM   #18
CommishSleer
Fleet Captain

View CommishSleer's Twitter Profile
Re: Amok Time repercussions?

BillJ wrote: View Post
The Umbrella Corporation wrote: View Post

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Presumably a Starship Captain, a representative of the Federation should know this.
So he's suppose to know the local laws and customs of hundreds of Federation worlds? I think that is a little much to expect of anyone.
I actually agree with this.

But if I was T'Pau I might think that Vulcan was special enough to warrant understanding of its customs. That Kirk (a Starfleet representative) wasn't going to come down and tell them how they should do things on Vulcan - stamp all over their customs and traditions.

Same if Kirk was on Andoria? I would expect him to be somewhat familiar with Andorian protocols. Kirk wants to play with the big boys - T'Pau's not going to let him back out when things get tough (and hes already been given a chance).

And Spock was in no state to explain the 1/1000000 chance of what might have gone wrong in his wedding. He was barely holding it together as it was. And if he had known, Kirk would have still insisted on going to make sure Spock was being treated OK - you know he would. Although of course not agree to fight to the death.
CommishSleer is online now   Reply With Quote