View Single Post
Old October 11 2013, 07:51 PM   #634
kirk55555
Commodore

Re: Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1

Lindley wrote: View Post
Minimum wage is no way to live.

Find something you like doing, then figure out a way to make money off it. Simple as that.

Minimum wage is the only way my family has lived for a long time. Nothing I like to do contributes to any job I could get.

J.T.B. wrote: View Post
It may not be as easy as you think. Employers will wonder why this guy hasn't worked all these years, but probably won't want to find out. You will not be able to demonstrate that you have developed habits of responsibility, dependability, punctuality and so on.
I don't think it will be easy, I just think it will be the same level of difficulty that it is now. I'm 22 (23 in 3 days), I don't think I'm quite at the point where my advanced age will make getting a job impossible, even if I don't get a job for a few years.

Kreacher wrote: View Post
kirk55555 wrote: View Post
Health insurance should always remain optional. Its expensive, and not something that will effect anyone but yourself (I don't really care about what the costs of paying for uninsured medical care does to other people, there is no reason to screw over so many people because of that).

So requiring you to get health insurance would be screwing you over, but requiring the rest of us to pay for your medical bills isn't screwing us?

Everyone gets screwed. Life seems to be making sure you get screwed the least. From a personal perspective, if someone is going to get screwed, I don't want it to be me. I'm pretty sure thats a normal reaction.