View Single Post
Old October 11 2013, 05:48 AM   #43
FormerLurker
Fleet Captain

Re: Homosexuals and Deltans

George Steinbrenner wrote: View Post
Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Which reminds me to ask a question after having watched STID: At first, it didn't occur to me that this captain could have been Deltan.
He's not. Captain Robau is human.
King Daniel Into Darkness wrote: View Post
Robert Comsol wrote: View Post
Which reminds me to ask a question after having watched STID: At first, it didn't occur to me that this captain could have been Deltan.

After seeing his female and equally bald-headed counterpart in STID and other "baldies" (no offense) I'm starting to wonder how many Deltans are involved in nuTrek or not.

Bob
According to background info from now-defunct promotional websites, Captain Robau of the USS Kelvin was a human, born in Cuba and raised in the Middle-East.

The bald guy on the bridge in ID is Science Officer 0718, according to actor Joseph Gatt he's a human cyborg linked directly to the Enterprise computer.

The bald woman who takes over navigation from Chekov is named Darwin, but nothing else is known bout her.

I think the only other time we've seen someone definitely intended to be Deltan was the guy with the awful conehead skullcap on the Excelsior in STIII, who is identified as such in the script.
I don't know about the guy in the skullcap on the Excelsior, I honestly don't remember him. But Jedda, one of the scientists on Regula in STII (the guy that Captain Terrell vaporizes) was always described as a Deltan, and the mate/lover of an unnamed female Deltan that Khan killed on the Regula station. Vonda McIntyre's adaptation of STIII includes a scene of Carol Marcus meeting with the life partners/spouses of the two Deltans* on Regula, and the male is described as having hair to his waist. According to that information, it is safe to assume that Deltan males are not meant to be bald.

*This must have been swiped for the Denobulans at some point.
FormerLurker is offline   Reply With Quote