View Single Post
Old October 11 2013, 03:43 AM   #792
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

The Dead Mixer wrote: View Post
Now that May is volunteering for field duty, hopefully they'll do an episode with her as the lead agent.
Which is another character point they missed exploiting.

May doesn't want to be a field agent even though she is the best because of some traumatic mission or situation gone wrong in her recent past.

Coulson brings her on saying "you don't have to do any of that stuff, I just want you around."

Then she just. . . changes her mind?

If she is going to be the dutiful warrior fighting the good fight because no one else can then take a goddamn minute to hammer that home. Let someone die while she sat back in the Bus knowing she could have made the difference, let her and Coulson fight over the fact that he brought her on knowing full well that eventually the guilt would eat at her and force her back into the field. Let Coulson show that he isn't the friendly happy boss agent leading a wacky team and that he actually knows how to manage people and manipulate them.

Having May just turn around and decide that whatever happened wasn't all that bad after all. It is just lazy. I'm not asking for "grimdark", just drama.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote