View Single Post
Old October 11 2013, 01:40 AM   #753
R. Star
Rear Admiral

Re: MLB Season Discussion - 2013

Danny99 wrote: View Post
At the end of the day, each year has it's version of the Pirates (remember when the Rockies made a run all the way to the World Series?) But, barring one year aberrations, teams like the Yankees, Red Sox, Rays, Phillies, Giants, Tigers, Cardinals & Braves are always there and teams like the Brewers, Padres, Mariners, Royals & Blue Jays are always on the outside looking in. It's hard to believe parity when you get one Cinderella team that never makes it and then gets eliminated early. I find it incredibly hard to shell out money for a Blue Jays game when I know I'll never see a contender.

Whatever the reason is (incompetent management, low payroll, inability to hold onto good players), it doesn't really matter. In some of these markets, baseball is merely a summer holdover until Hockey or Football comes back because they are never competitive. I'm really find myself meh on the whole sport.
Then there's the Cubs who despite having the fanbase and payroll just can't put together a winner to save their lives. Though I'm still holding out for the Back to the Future II prediction of 2015 being our year!