View Single Post
Old October 10 2013, 10:38 PM   #26
JD
Admiral

Re: Novels set in the Trek universe... but not about Star Trek?

KRAD wrote: View Post

JD wrote: View Post
I'd also throw The Art of The Impossible in there. It's kind of a political thriller about The Betreka Nebula Incident that Garak and Bashir discussed in The Way of The Warrior. It covers 18 years, and features a bunch of different characters, some of we never saw on screen. There are a few recurring characters from the TV series, and a couple of major players from the novels, but I don't think there is a single main character from any of the TV series.
As indicated (and it's really not any kind of spoiler), Worf appears as a small child, and we also see Troi as a small child and Uhura as an older admiral. And, of course, Curzon Dax is a main character, and he's sorta-kinda half a main character....
Oh, I was going by Memory Beta and I didn't notice Worf, Troi, or Uhura on the list. I did see Curzon, but I wasn't sure how exactly he would be categorized on the main-recurring-new character spectrum.