View Single Post
Old October 10 2013, 10:04 PM   #30
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Re: Homosexuals and Deltans

The Umbrella Corporation wrote: View Post
Am I the only one who finds the idea of pheromones off-putting?

Male, female, gay, straight, Orion, Deltan. I don't like the idea of being overwhelmingly attracted to someone because of the way they smell. Its like being drugged to have sex with someone. I don't find it erotic or sexy at all. Exotic maybe.

Off-putting for a Deltan too I'd imagine. Having people fawning over you because they are too immature sexually to control themselves.
Personally I do too and for the Deltans it just doesn't fit with them. For a race where sex is an integral part of their society they don't need pheromones to attract potential mates, for them talking about who stuck what in where the night before would be like humans discussing the weather, and since they don't seem to have sex with other races they see as being too inferior for their intercourse then they have no need for a biology that allows them to attract other species.

Anytime I use Deltans I have never given them super-pheromones, as it just seems unnecessary. I find the Oath a far more interesting angle on their culture, and what they'd had to do to "fit it" with the rest of the galaxy.