View Single Post
Old October 10 2013, 08:21 PM   #49
Lindley
Moderator with a Soul

Re: Babylon 5: Reconciling "The Gathering" with the series

Reverend wrote: View Post
Lindley wrote: View Post
Reverend wrote: View Post
The Dilgar all died when their homeworld's sun went nova, presumably after the EA chased them back out of League space.
Suns don't just "go nova".....unless someone interferes with them, of course. It's an interesting supposition considering what the Vorlons did later.
Sure they do, it happens all the time.
You misunderstand. I meant they would know it was coming a lot sooner than three years before it happened. The timeline doesn't add up.

Also, there's ZERO evidence that the immortality serum was Shadow tech.
True, but that's also....a very interesting supposition.
Not so much IMO. As I said I think it's a better story if the Dilgar came up with it on their own and it makes no sense for the Shadows to give it to them. It runs totally contrary to their ideology and their agenda isn't served by having half the younger races wiped out, leaving the surviving half to live forever, dominating any other race that tries to evolve.

It'd doom the galaxy to stagnation and both the Shadows and the Vorlon would likely be forced to just wipe the slate clean with them and start over in another thousand years.
You're assuming the serum worked as advertised. We don't really know that, all we know is it extended Deathwalker's life somewhat. And as we saw, its purported properties could make it an exceptional agent of chaos. I could see it as a Shadow tool.
Lindley is offline   Reply With Quote