View Single Post
Old October 10 2013, 09:42 AM   #763
Venardhi
Vice Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Venardhi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Venardhi
Re: Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

TemporalFlux wrote: View Post
It sounds like their budget is really hurting, though; I believe that's what hurting the really showy stuff.
There is no rule that says they need a big budget to tell great stories.

They don't even need to tell great stories, I can deal with adventures of the week, I just wish they would tell their stories better. Make things matter, make their choices have repercussions, let them fail when they fuck up or even just fail because that is what happens a lot of the time, make admissions of fraternal abuse not appear as if created just to be tossed out for sympathy and to add a new note on a character's bio or at least do it with a bit more tact.

I like the show, honestly. I like a few of the characters and I really like the moments where it feels like a live action comic book. I want them to do the same show, but better.
"There is no reason why good cannot triumph as often as evil. The triumph of anything is a matter of organization. If there are such things as angels, I hope that they are organized along the lines of the Maffia." - Winston Niles Rumfoord.
Venardhi is offline   Reply With Quote