View Single Post
Old October 10 2013, 07:01 AM   #19
KRAD
Keith R.A. DeCandido

View KRAD's Twitter Profile
Re: Novels set in the Trek universe... but not about Star Trek?

Slyvon wrote: View Post
The other strange one (in a good way) is "Rising Son." A weird book about Jake Sisko joining a group of space thieves. I swear I read it thinking Joss Whedon must have gotten his idea for Firefly out of it!
Which would be a neat trick, considering that Rising Son was published after Firefly was cancelled.....

JD wrote: View Post
I'd also throw The Art of The Impossible in there. It's kind of a political thriller about The Betreka Nebula Incident that Garak and Bashir discussed in The Way of The Warrior. It covers 18 years, and features a bunch of different characters, some of we never saw on screen. There are a few recurring characters from the TV series, and a couple of major players from the novels, but I don't think there is a single main character from any of the TV series.
As indicated (and it's really not any kind of spoiler), Worf appears as a small child, and we also see Troi as a small child and Uhura as an older admiral. And, of course, Curzon Dax is a main character, and he's sorta-kinda half a main character....

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
And wasn't there a Dixon Hill mystery novel, or was that a TNG novel set largely in the holodeck? I can't remember.
Yes, A Hard Rain by Dean Wesley Smith, which had a superb Sonia Hillios cover....

"Even when you turn your back, you're facing something."
KRAD is offline   Reply With Quote