View Single Post
Old October 9 2013, 11:14 PM   #1542
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD
Tom Hendricks

View Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD's Twitter Profile
Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

RoJoHen wrote: View Post
DalekJim wrote: View Post
I think it kinda kills the pace of the original Tolkien book, as it changes a picaresque children's adventure novel in to a lesser version of Lord of the Rings.
Well, for what it's worth, I have the same problem with the novel. I didn't like reading The Hobbit because it was too much of a children's book.
I'm with you brother. I can rip through LOTR like nothing, not so with The Hobbit. I don't know if it is a mental block or what, because I do enjoy the 'story' of The Hobbit. However there is something about the way that it is written, I just can't get into it. Weird! I try and read LOTR every few years but I don't even bother with The Hobbit. With the movie coming out I did re-read it, I was glad to be done with it. My son is always looking for new things for me to read him when he goes to bed, he loves Dragons and fantasy stuff. Was thinking about reading The Hobbit to him, if we share this and maybe I can have a new appreciation for it.

Of course I'm a creationist. I believe man created god.

Last edited by Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD; October 9 2013 at 11:16 PM. Reason: too many ,
Dr. Tom Horrible, PHD is offline   Reply With Quote