View Single Post
Old October 9 2013, 06:40 AM   #54
The Scrooge Doctor
Doctor of TARDIS

Send a message via ICQ to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via AIM to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to The Scrooge Doctor Send a message via Yahoo to The Scrooge Doctor
Re: Boardwalk Empire - Season 4 Discussion Thread

billcosby wrote: View Post
All the shit with Van Alden and Capone is amazing. I'd always hoped those two would really get together. Is Van Alden going to end up his right hand man? Or maybe his is already. I miss crazy-confident Van Alden as opposed to meek, conservative Van Alden. I love where this is going.
Agreed on all counts. It's crazy to think that we've known Van Alden far more as a meek, disgraced agent in hiding than as a confident federal. I've been hoping for a Van Alden/Capone team-up since last season. I'll be very interested to see if Nucky sees him in this new position if/when Nucky visits Chicago or Capone visits Atlantic City again.

I'm amazed we are what, 4 or 5 episodes in now, still seeing the credit for Kelly MacDonald and still nothing of Margaret. I know, 'she's a regular' but she's also a ghost!
This continues to blow my mind for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, Kelly Macdonald was one of the major reasons why I started watching this show (along with Michael Kenneth Williams, Steve Buschemi, and the premise) and yet I don't actually miss her at the moment. Don't get me wrong, I still love the character, but there's so much going on right now that I'm thoroughly enjoying that I'm not feeling her absence too much. I like the speculation earlier this thread that she might return for Eddie's funeral.

Secondly, I can't help but wonder the reasons for this. Is it because of some crazy creative decision (i.e. hold the character back to allow other characters and plot lines to develop and then bring her back after a tragedy) or was there some scheduling issue with Kelly Macdonald (she did give birth last December), some combination of the two, or something completely different?

Is the Lucy character dead? Can't recall.
No, she simply abandoned her child with Van Alden and fled to parts unknown.

As for Eddie, I guess its important story-wise that Nucky be:
a) more alone
b) aware that someone is coming to get hiiiim!
Again. Poor bastard.

"I'm in Hell and it's full of Avons!" - Vila
The Scrooge Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote