View Single Post
Old October 8 2013, 09:38 PM   #45
Nightdiamond
Fleet Captain

Re: Best tactician? Kirk,Picard, Sisko or Janeway?

One of the best strategy episodes I ever saw was from Balance of Terror. First they discussed the whole thing at the table to make it tense.

Then it was one trick against the other, like Kirk pulling out the old nuclear warheads.

Picard was good in Yesterday's Enterprise, Riker in BOBW was good, but for me there was too much techno babble solutions in TNG.

One of the coolest things I ever saw Sisko do, battle and tactic wise, is fly into a fleet of Jem Hadar war ships to rescue someone, rescued them, and then fought his way out again.

Sisko also had WOTW, CTA, SOA--Sisko gets the win just based on all those battle experiences. He knows how to fight.

Nardpuncher wrote: View Post
I always thought Scotty was just incredible whenever he was left in command. I mean that, check the episodes where he's in command...he was the original Sisko.
I like the way TOS handled their command--Scotty-- no nonsense stuff.

"This is the commander of the USS Enterprise. All cities and installations on Eminiar Seven have been located, identified, and fed into our fire-control system"... That sounded like an X.O.

Last edited by Nightdiamond; October 8 2013 at 10:06 PM.
Nightdiamond is offline   Reply With Quote