View Single Post
Old October 8 2013, 05:41 AM   #55
Kelthaz
Rear Admiral

Re: My name is.....SORAN!

The Wormhole wrote: View Post
Using Khan wasn't necessarily a mistake, the way they went about it was. So they went with Khan because they feel he's Star Trek's ultimate villain. That's all fine and good, but then they kept it a secret, refusing to identify the villain for ten months after he was cast and then they told us his name was John Harrison.

If the reason they chose to use Khan was because he's the Ultimate Villain and the one fans wanted to see brought into the rebooted universe the most, shouldn't they have advertised that fact? Made it well known that? Not make it the plot twist of the movie and go to the most ridiculous lengths to keep it a secret.
Keeping Khan a mystery and out of the marketing was the worst thing that they could have done. Every Star Trek fan -- the people already planning to see this movie -- knew that the villain was Khan long before release, but the general public -- the people who need to be convinced to see it -- knew nothing more than some random guy named John was blowing shit up. Yeah, I wouldn't have seen it either.

"I'm the locksmith. And... I'm the locksmith."
Kelthaz is offline   Reply With Quote