Thread: iOS 7
View Single Post
Old October 8 2013, 02:02 AM   #37
IndyJones
Vice Admiral

Re: iOS 7

I had an iPhone 4s for almost 2 years, and then lost it 2 weeks before the new phones were announced. So, while waiting to get a new phone I went back to my 3G. It was a total nightmare . It's amazing how many changes I've become accustomed to these past two years. Needless to say, that trip back to iOS 5 has made me more appreciative of iOS 7 than I think I would have been otherwise.

I actually like most of the design elements, the colors of the icons are a bit much, but I love the imessage and text message colors. I also love the stripped down display on the phone. As for battery life, my 5s is obviously more advanced than my 4s, but I'm now able to make it through a full day with about 50% charge left, previously on a slow work day I'd have to recharge by lunch.

My biggest complaint is that I really preferred the swipe left for the search bar to the swipe up. Maybe it's just muscle memory, but why change that? What was the reason?
Travel's fatal to prejudice, bigotry, narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things can't be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's life.
IndyJones is offline   Reply With Quote