View Single Post
Old October 7 2013, 04:26 PM   #84
sonak
Vice Admiral

Re: The Son'a

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
Starfury wrote: View Post
But... no one actually asked them to help. No one. Dougherty and the Sona just decided to relocate them... secretly. Once it came out the Baku were pissed. Who could blame them?

I mean... they did welcome some of the sona at the end of the movie, did they not? All it took was an hones mediator (Picard).

the Baku knew exactly why they were being moved.(the conversation between Picard and Anij at night in the village makes that clear) Their answer was obviously "no," the writer just didn't want them to have to say it explicitly.
So your problem is that they didn't sit down and negotiate with people who had pretty much made up their mind to kidnap them and pretty much steal their planet?

Thats called not being a moron.

no, that's not my problem. I think the Baku should have been openly told they were being removed. I don't care whether they wanted to negotiate or not, it's a planet in Federation space and the particles would benefit billions.

I was merely responding to the frequently brought-up "but they were never asked" argument which is misleading and silly.