View Single Post
Old October 6 2013, 03:23 PM   #8
DarKush
Rear Admiral

Re: UT: TFV-The Quality of Mercy

TheLoneRedshirt wrote: View Post
I enjoyed the interplay amongst the Nimbus' crew, particularly the biker bar scene. It's obvious that you're putting together not only a diverse crew but one with some edges to it. It only stands to reason that there would be some challenges as differences in cultures / beliefs are pressed together in the confines of a starship.

I really like the idea of a Medusan engineer. I'd give the idea of a Medusan crew member some thought but never follow-through on it. Glad to see you have given Silane a prominent role. Selvin appears to have some issues he needs to work through.
TLR,

Thanks for the message. I missed it when I was posting. I'm really glad you're liking the crew. I'm liking them too. I can't say that for every crew that I've written about before, but this one is starting to come together.

Thanks a lot for complimenting the Medusan engineer. I think I had a Medusan character in a story a while ago, but to be honest I can't remember if I jettisoned that character or not. They are a cool species. Originally Silane wasn't going to be Medusan. I was going to go with a Trek Lit. race, the Nizhrak'a. But once I thought more about it, I thought a Medusan could fit what my plans for Silane just as well. And once I read about how Vulcans can see their true forms, with some help, it just cemented the friendship I wanted between Silane and Selvin anyway.
DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote