Thread: The Son'a
View Single Post
Old October 5 2013, 11:21 PM   #66
Rear Admiral
View DonIago's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to DonIago Send a message via AIM to DonIago Send a message via Yahoo to DonIago
Re: The Son'a

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
DonIago wrote: View Post
If that's the case, seems a bit petty to use that as your reason for not allowing millions to suffer less.
So you want them to trust people who have no problem kidnapping them to get what they want and may or may not actually be operating with their government's sanction.

Not to mention that the federation probably already has the technology to save these millions (which by the way is probably way smaller than the federation's total population what with Earth having a population in the billions alone so it seems not everyone gets the fancy medical tech).
If the Federation already had the tech to save the people in question why would they be pursuing this to begin with?

And I think that that the Baku should be enlightened enough to look past the apparently poor execution of Dougherty and Ru'afo's plan and look at what at least Dougherty's intentions were.

Or is this analogous to the idea that any medical gains made through questionable means should be summarily discarded?
It was the best of Trek, it was the worst of Trek...
"If I lean over, I leave myself open to wedgies, wet willies, or even the dreaded Rear Admiral!"
DonIago is online now   Reply With Quote