View Single Post
Old October 5 2013, 06:43 PM   #611
Mr. Adventure
Admiral

Re: "Beware the Batman" in 2013! New Animated Series

Christopher wrote: View Post
And that deathtrap on the yacht at the end was ridiculously overcomplicated -- how did Pyg install all those coils and that huge "thermometer" trigger without anyone noticing?
That seemed in character to me, Pyg seems to have a flair for the anachronistic and theatrical. As to the how, you could probably raise that question for every single episode, that's just superheroes for you.

Then there was the bit where Pyg was monologuing about how each new guest would raise the temperature, and Batman told him that the guests were being evacuated, leading Toad to try to activate the device manually. Stupid move, Batman! Don't give away that you're subverting his plan -- let him think it's succeeding! As Napoleon said, "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
Yeah, I thought the same thing there.

shivkala wrote: View Post
Yes, this episode was a let-down. Professor Pyg is not intended for a kid's show and they seem to be really struggling with that. They intended to kill that fashion designer (who, when I first saw him, I expected a twin to appear and them to be Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum), but they don't, because, well, it's a kid's show.
Their intentions were clear, I don't know that it would've added to the story if he had succeeded. I don't read the comics but it seems there's a horror/creepy element to Pyg that might be lost but I think the character works OK as he is presented for the cartoon.
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote