View Single Post
Old October 5 2013, 04:38 PM   #331
Nerys Myk
Fleet Admiral

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

grendelsbayne wrote: View Post
Geoff Peterson wrote: View Post
You must hate Spock then, who on two occasions falsified orders to follow a personal agenda. Not to mention trying to kill his CO on at least two occasions! Why is he still in Starfleet?
I'm not sure exactly which examples you're talking about, but I don't remember any time when Spock disobeyed orders and then tried to hide it after the fact to avoid taking responsibility. Two other things that are relevant here: Spock eventually becomes a Captain, but is never shown as having a command of his own, and in regards to 'Amok Time', he was under the influence of a seriously mind altering biological process. You might as well hold everyone responsible for their responses to the Psi 2000 virus...

I wonder if Kirk told Starfleet he disobeyed orders in "Amok Time"? Or did he just pretend he got the revised orders and then proceeded to Vulcan? He also agreed to hide Cochrane's where abouts and the circumstances of Hedford's death.
Allowing Cochrane to live in peace is hardly the same as a captain trying to sweep his own flouting of all the rules under the rug.
It's never going to be an exact parallel. Your insistence that it must be casts doubts on your desire to have an honest discussion.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the topic was falsifying reports. My examples show that Kirk did that on a couple of occasions. But now they don't count because his heart was in the right place.

Spock falsified orders in "Amok Time" and Kirk then compounded that disobeying Komack's orders by going to Vulcan. By the end of the episode Komack gives the okay to proceed to Vulcan, but the Enterprise is already there. Did Kirk fess up to that?

Spock was in Command of the Enterprise at the beginning of TWOK. Yes it was a training vessel, but he was the Captain.
Nerys Myk is online now   Reply With Quote