View Single Post
Old October 4 2013, 07:03 PM   #14
Emperor-Tiberius
Fleet Captain

Re: In regeneration, do you look forward to the end, or the beginning?

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
I dunno. Colin Baker's arrogance in those final moments of "The Caves of Androzani" is a good concentrated dose of 6th Doctor in just a few moments. For what it is and who he is, I think it works very well. I don't think it takes anything away from Peter Davison's farewell.

And it's the first time that any new Doctor really did anything worth mentioning at the end of a regeneration story anyway.
The stark contrast between them is effective, yes, because the Doctor there seems to showcase how he'll be from now on. Problem is, though, that its he wasn't very good while in those years. Big Finish aside, the Sixth Doctor almost completely doesn't work on the TV stories - and thats not Baker's fault, certainly, but the way with which JNT forced his characterization down the throats of millions of viewers.

But yeah, he doesn't ruin Caves of Androzani. However, he does characterize some of the worst scripts of that period - I honestly believe season 22 to be the worst Doctor Who season, ever.
"Seventy eight point four years, Doctor."

The Holy Three meet again, in The Return
Emperor-Tiberius is offline   Reply With Quote