View Single Post
Old October 4 2013, 05:09 PM   #288
David.Blue
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Do fans want the prime timeline back? Part 2: Poll edition.

Well, that is fine. For you. But other writers might feel differently. In fact, seems dead certain others do. And it isn't as if we all don't go off on some subjects now and then. I've already said my piece with STID and frankly don't care to continue (although I might on specific subjects) but others want to do something different.

On the subject of the Enterprise going underwater--well it looked great, even if I personally couldn't see any reason for the starship to be underwater. Were the rest of the film better--if for example I ended up caring about the characters--I'd give that a nitpick. As it is, I see it as a smaller problem among bigger ones. Not the the flick wasn't a lot of fun to watch! It was! Or that it didn't have some really nice things in it! It did! But it fell short on the drama, on the building tension, on allowing me a moment to feel anything on behalf of anybody in the film. I could go blow-by-blow why I have that reaction, but don't see a reason to.

Bottom line, I'm not going to obsess over it. But I'm not going to get all hot and bothered because someone else does. At the same time, I wish those most upset about this one detail would calm down a bit.