View Single Post
Old October 4 2013, 03:58 PM   #27
Bry_Sinclair
Commodore

Re: Could I become a Niner? hmmm....

Tosk wrote: View Post
Why can't Nerys simply be an angry woman? I never thought she had PTSD, only that she is (understandably) angry in general.
That was how I always saw her. She was strong-willed, opinionated and never willing to back down and tow Sisko's line without an arguement in the beginning. The dynamic between these two was always great to watch, and is set up so nicely in "Emissary". I like how it evolves over time to where there is a solid bond of trust between them.

One of the things I love about DS9 is that the characters actually do evolve over time. I'm betting you'll come to like Nerys during later seasons.
Of all Trek DS9 has the best character development. They actually go places rather than stagnating like what happened on VOY (seriously, the writers/producers of VOY should have been taking notes).

Nuance? Let's see how you feel after Progress and Duet.
Kira gets some of the must heart-wrenching stories and well as some of the most powerful, all of which help to mould her over the series.

For me, Kira is probably one of the best characters in all of Trek. She is a great example of how a strong woman should be written and portrayed. If I wasn't so sure she could whoop my ass I'd almost go straight for her