View Single Post
Old October 4 2013, 05:57 AM   #509
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: Movies Seen In 2013

156. World Without End (✩✩✩✩) - Live TV - Four astronauts end up back on Earth in the 26th century only to find most of man wiped out. Very similar to The Time Machine. Comments here.

157. The Omega Man (✩✩✩) - Live TV - Not the best take on I Am Legend. Comments here.

158. People Like Us (✩✩✩) - Download - A contrived plot but Chris Pine and Elizabeth Banks were pretty good in their roles.

159. Scarface (✩✩✩) - Download - I wanted to wait until after Breaking Bad was over to see this. It wasn't worth the hype but Al Pacino was pretty good.

160. What to Expect When You're Expecting (✩✩) - Download - Stupid ensemble movie about pregant characters expecting children. If you want kids, you won't after seeing this. Or maybe you'll just forget about this bad movie and want them anyway. Chris Rock and Anna Kendrick stood out but that's about it.

161. Goats (✩✩✩✩) - Download - A coming of age movie about a kid who went away to private school. It's not as dull as it sounds. It has a colorful cast of characters that includes Vera Farmiga as the kid's hippy new age mom and David Duchovny as the bearded pot-smoking out-of work goat trekker who's been living with them for decades. Duchovny's oddball character really makes the movie. It's why it's called Goats.

162. Gravity (✩✩✩✩) - Theatre - Visually stunning and Sandra Bullock really delivered. My poin by point review is here.

Theatre: 24
Blu-ray: 10
DVD: 21
Netflix: 5
Live TV: 19
Download: 78
YouTube: 3
Screening: 1
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote