View Single Post
Old October 4 2013, 04:18 AM   #20
GalaxyX
Rear Admiral

Re: Could I become a Niner? hmmm....

Hey guys.

All good points. I just finished watching the Garak episode.

I remember the first time I saw it, it looked like Garak was ganging up on Bashir (like a lion ganging up on a mouse).

This time around it didn't seem so one sided for some reason.

As for Kira as a character, sure I understand what you guys are saying, and I completely agree. The problem it seems to me, is that Nana Visitor did not understand how to give that character some nuance.

If you ever see people who have PTSD, they tend to have short bursts of anger, but mixed in with other things, like paranoia and fear, etc etc.

So far, it seems that Nana was being told that "This character has suffered a great deal! amp up that anger to 11!!" and the way she does it is so forced.

I agree that S1 TNG acting was pretty bad as well, but honestly, Patrick Stewart carried that show for the first 2 seasons. Riker and Troi never improved either, they just became Frakes and Sirtis for most of the series.

Rene Auberjonois (sp?) is the gem so far. He's an excellent actor in a character that for me was completely wasted in potential.

We'll see how things roll along. My dad so far is liking it. I had him see all the Cardassian and Bajoran TNG episodes to prime him for the whole Cardassian angle.

Edit: I forgot Armin Shimerman (sp?) deserves props as well. I liked his character the last time round. He's the thief with a heart character.
GalaxyX is offline   Reply With Quote