View Single Post
Old October 4 2013, 03:18 AM   #303
Praetor
Vice Admiral

Re: Scaling the Excelsior Filming Model

Ok, I found some decent drawings to compare to the above scaling. Here's the full image, and detailed studies are afterward.

First up, the TOS Enterprise, using Sinclair's drawings of the eleven-footer.

Pretty good for the most part, IMO. The saucer and secondary hull are both pretty much perfect, with the odd misplaced window here and there.

Next up, the refit Enteprise:
Pretty good, but not quite as good as the TOS ship. The docking ring looks a little big, and the botanical garden window seems a little too big. Still, not bad. And again the saucer is pretty much perfect. The landing deck not aligning with the hangar bay door lower area bothers me a bit.

Next, the Miranda:

It's a little hard to see my green lines, and the drawing I found to use doesn't quite match up with the outline, but accounting for that I think it's about as good a match as the refit. Plus, the windows in the aft area align really well.

Finally, the Oberth:
Again, the drawing isn't perfect, but the saucer windows align fairly well... even if the dome windows don't really align with anything.

Thoughts?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." - Q
Praetor is offline   Reply With Quote