View Single Post
Old October 2 2013, 09:42 PM   #42
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: The Continuity and Serialization of Voyager

I've seen and read through the original Voyager Series Bible, and can therefore attest that the series was intended to have been much more like DS9 (i.e. heavily serialized) than it ended up being, and was initially disappointed that things changed so drastically and dramatically from what was originally intended. Now, however, I've come to appreciate the series for what it was and the level of continuity and serialization that it does bring to the table rather than bemoaning it for it ending up as something different than what it was originally intended to be.

It would've been nice to see the series remain true to its original premise as stated in the Series Bible, but it ended up being a great series even with the changes that were made that resulted in it being more of a hybrid of TNG and DS9 than the heavily serialized DS9-esque series it was originally going to be.