View Single Post
Old October 1 2013, 08:32 PM   #7
garaks the best
Lieutenant

Re: The Continuity and Serialization of Voyager

KaraBear wrote: View Post
garaks the best wrote: View Post
There was hardly any continuity with voyager and here are some early examples where other shows would have followed up on plots

1)kes and neelix's breakup in warlord was not followed up on properly at all, i mean other than when she was being controlled by that guy we didn't even get to see her actually break up with him.

2)The swarm was another episode where the ending should have presented a change in the doctor because of his memory loss but if you had never seen the episode you wouldn't have been able to tell because it was never focused on again.

3)Janeway and tom have sex and had little lizard babies but nothing is ever mentioned of it again. You would expect a certain degree of awkwardness and maybe a debate over whether chakotay should have been allowed to leave their children on that planet without even consulting them.

Other example where they tried continuity but gave up were the kazon who got no resolution just because fans didn't like them.
they might not have followed up on a few things but if you watch the show there are plenty of arcs that go through multiple episodes, character development, friendships developing, romances blossoming, spies and traitors on the ship, aliens that appear multiple times. There might not be large sweeping arcs but there are many little ones if people can just look past the overall general hate of Voyager
I don't hate voyager it just frustrates me a little.I really like the doctor,tuvok and most of the time janeway.
garaks the best is offline   Reply With Quote