View Single Post
Old October 1 2013, 03:22 AM   #50
Cyke101
Rear Admiral

Re: The Admirals character makes no sense whatsoever

C.E. Evans wrote: View Post
M'Sharak wrote: View Post
C.E. Evans wrote: View Post

No, I don't find rewriting other posters' quotes remotely funny nor cute. I'm also not the only one that feels that way.
If he were changing your post in an attempt to misrepresent what you were saying, then that would be a potential problem. If it's done as a friendly joke, he calls attention to it himself at the time, and it's a reference everyone here will be very likely to understand, then really there's no harm done. Even if it failed to amuse, I'm not sure it needed that response.
Oh, it did. It's just making the situation clear. I really don't think changing other posters' quotes should be allowed, even if the person who did so thought they were being amusing.
I feel like you need to take a look at your own signature. With that said, it was a lighthearted joke that pokes fun not at you, but at one of TOS's more legendary nits -- Kirk's middle initial. Heck, if he posted a picture of a Tribble to stand for the T. in James T. Kirk, that, too, would be cute and amusing.