View Single Post
Old September 30 2013, 11:21 PM   #95
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: Ok Trekkers, Don't Forget To Sign Up For Mandatory Obamacare Oct 1

Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
tomalak301 wrote: View Post
I thought this thread was talking about the ACA. I was hoping maybe to learn more about it in this thread. I guess that's not going to happen. I actually don't like Obama as much as I did before, but this birth certificate thing is one of the most asinine crap reasons for hating him that I know. It really is time to get over that.
What do you want to know about the ACA? Some of us here are quite familiar with it, Watner just derailed the thread into silly Birther nonsense.
I guess the thing I wanted to know the most is I already have Health Insurance, but the letter I got in the mail this weekend says that because of the ACA, that Health Insurance I have can no longer be offered. I called up my Health Insurance company today to find out the prices and some options I have come 2014, and the only thing I found out is that my rates are going to rise again, I'm not qualified for subsidy, and if I don't get a New health Insurance plan, than I have to pay a penalty.

Granted, I know not everything is going to make me happy, but how exactly is the ACA going to benefit me exactly? How is paying $300 a month for health insurance when I'm already paying a cheaper rate now affordable and why does this new law affect what I get now to the point that it can no longer be offered. I thought ACA was about providing health care insurance for everyone, yet for those who have it, they are back to being "free agents" as it were. Why?

sjsharksfan39