View Single Post
Old September 30 2013, 07:08 PM   #20
Rear Admiral
Re: Naming Your Starship

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
David.Blue wrote: View Post
Just for fun, if you got to name a Federation starship, what name would you choose?

And to make it interesting, don't use any name that is already canon. Enterprise, Farragut, Stargazer, Titan, Excelsior, Voyager, Defiant, Valiant, Excalibur, Lexington, Hood, Reliant, etc. all out of the running.

Toss in the ship class if you're so inclined!

My choice: USS Hippogriff, named for the mythical creature that was the offspring of a griffin and a horse. Made famous by the Harry Potter series. I figure virtually any mythological creature with wings should get a starship named after them! And I'll have her be a Saladin-class.
I don't think the name "Hippogriff" itself sounds that good.
So then don't request a transfer to that ship. Easy as pie.

Anyway, for me, I named my car Sofia, so I imagine that I would name my ship that as well. She'd be a speedy, agile little thing, not unlike a Saber-class or (at best) a Defiant-class vessel.

Frankly, I'd love to see a JJverse version of such a ship. Not as big or powerful as the Constitution, but a bit more swift and nimble, and able to squeak her way out of tough spots.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" -- Leonard Nimoy
Cyke101 is offline   Reply With Quote