View Single Post
Old September 30 2013, 12:12 AM   #11
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Remember STAR TREK: NEMESIS?

The Borgified Corpse wrote: View Post
Agreed. Shame that Frakes hasn't gotten more big budget Hollywood work in his career. (I recall a rumor back in the early 2000s that he was in the running to direct the new Superman movie. That would have been cool.)
The interesting one -- he was attached to the Total Recall sequel in the mid-90s, when it was going to be an adaptation of "Minority Report" but set on Mars.

From what I understand, he's content to be television director. He works steadily, he's always in demand, and he has his pick of series.

On a Who note, I was surprised that he didn't direct an episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day. So much of that production seemed like an effort to get as many American genre actors and icons on board as possible, and Frakes would have made sense behind the camera.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote